In his mid-year market recap, Wayne Gillespie, Director & Senior Portfolio Strategist, provides his take on one of the strongest first half’s in history while suggesting caution going forward as the global economic recovery continues to unfold.
Here are a few highlights:
- North American markets powered to record highs in the first half of 2021
- Rotation into value stocks remains a key theme
- Earnings expected to remain strong in the second half of the year
- International markets are expected to outperform
- Pandemic-related setbacks remain a significant risk
- Inflation is a concern but talk of an early interest rate hike is likely premature